Saturday 21 April 2007

Tecumseh


"Death of Tecumseh"

Scene from the U.S. Capitol Rotunda Frieze

The frieze depicts events in American history from the landing of Columbus to the "Birth of Aviation" in nineteen sequential scenes. It is painted in grisaille, a monochrome of whites and browns, painted to resemble sculpture. Starting at 58 feet above the floor, it measures 8 feet 4 inches in height and approximately 300 feet in circumference.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I’ve Seen All Good People / You’re Move / All Good People ~ Yes

I've seen all good people turn their heads each day
So satisfied I'm on my way
I've seen all good people turn their heads each day
So satisfied I'm on my way
Take a straight and stronger course to the corner of your life
Make the white queen run so fast
She hasn't got time to make you a wife
'Cause it's time, it's time in time with your time
And its news is captured
For the queen to use
Move me on to any black square
Use me any time you want
Just remember that the goal
'Sfor us to capture all we want, anywhere
Yea, yea, yea
Don't surround yourself with yourself
Move on back two squares
Send an Instant Karma to me
Initial it with loving care
Don't surround
Yourself
'Cause it's time, it's time in time with your time
And its news is captured
For the queen to use
Don't surround yourself with yourself
Move on back two squares
Send an Instant Karma to me
Initial it with loving care
Don't surround
Yourself with yourself
Don't surround yourself
Send an Instant Karma to me
Don't surround yourself
Cause it's time, it's time in time with your time
And its news is captured
For the queen to use
Cause it's time, it's time in time with your time
And its news is captured
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Perpetual Change ~ Yes

I see the cold mist in the night
And watch the hills roll out of sight
I watch in ev'ry single way
Inside out, outside in, ev'ry day
The sun can warm the coldest dawn
And move the movement on the lawn
I learn in ev'ry single day
Inside out, outside in, ev'ry way
And there you are
Making it out but you're sure that it is a star
And all you see
Is an illusion shining out in front of me
And then you'll say
Even in time we shall control the day
When what you'll see
Deep inside base controlling you and me
And one peculiar point I see
As one of many ones of me
As truth is gathered, I rearrange
Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in
Perpetual change
And there you are
Saying we have the moon, so now the stars
When all you see
Is near disaster gazing down on you and me
And there you're standing
Saying we have the whole world in our hands
When all you'll see
Deep inside the world's controlling you and me
You'll see perpetual change
You'll see perpetual change
As mist and sun are both the same
We look on as pawns of their game
They move to testify the day
Inside out, outside in, inside out, outside in
All of the way
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally Posted March 24, 2007

Warning:

This is a complicated tale with no apparent or concrete ending. Enter at your own risk!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The reason I found the reference to the Communications Squadron in Calgary regarding 746 so fascinating is because it’s come up before. Not the squadron, but the location it operates from:

Calgary's Naval Reserve division was established on March 31, 1923. However it was not christened HMCS Tecumseh until November 1, 1941. It is named after the Shawnee chief who served with the British and Canadian military force in the War of 1812. Two years after its christening, the division moved to its present location on 17th Avenue SW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMCS_Tecumseh

Have you ever heard a word, especially a person’s name or a place that sounds familiar the first time you hear it? You know it’s supposed to mean something but you don’t know what. And if you’re like me, you’ll spend a lot of your spare thinking time wondering what the mystery is. I have quite a few of those words, this story involves General Sherman, Leeds, Morgan and Prescott.

The first time I saw Harry Morgan playing General Sherman T. Potter on M*A*S*H is the precise moment I began wondering why some of those words sounded so familiar. That would have been around 1975 so that’s how long it’s been rattling around in my head.

This story begins after a dream on June 3, 2006, where I saw a very old printing press in the basement of my home town Oddfellows Hall. I have never been in the basement of that building to my knowledge and couldn’t even speculate if there even was a basement.

The dream brought back memories of a trip my sister and I took to Washington DC and the Smithsonian. She was working at a printing company at the time called Grenville, so the printing presses in the museum were of great interest to her. Ever since my first run with an old Gestetner around the age of 10, I would have to admit I have a bit of fondness for them myself. For a few days after this dream the word Grenville kept coming up in the strangest places.

The Oddfellows Hall succumbed to fire some years ago which was sad. It was a great hang out. I tried to find out when exactly it burned down but came across this instead. Keep in mind the February 18th trigger.

Katherine Fern DesChamps, devoted volunteer of the Grenville County Historical Society who resided at 130 Park St. E., Prescott, died at her home Saturday, Feb. 15, 2003. She was 85

From about 1967 to her retirement in 1984, she worked for The Prescott Journal in production.

The funeral service was held at St. John's Anglican Church February 18.

Memorial donations may be made to the Grenville County Historical Society

http://www.prescottjournal.com/2003_Obits/2003_Obits_CD.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was freaked enough about Prescott and February 18th. Seeing Grenville again for about the 5th time in 2 days, all in situations unrelated, was starting to get a little creepy. And this wasn’t even the reference to the Oddfellows Hall. The reference to the Oddfellows Hall was one Annie Ida (Chambers) Dulmage whose funeral reception was held at the Oddfellows Hall in Prescott. She was born February 18, 1932.

Depending what you read, the IOOF either are or aren’t affiliated with Freemasonry. And to make my views clear, I am not necessarily slamming Freemasonry. As with any group or organization there are good and there are not good. I do believe they hold many of the secrets of the universe, sadly we know all too well what that kind of knowledge and power can do to people. And again, depending on what you read, Freemasonry may have begun with the Templars, and they’re the good guys in my books. I like to believe there exists a super secret faction among the secret brotherhood who are direct descendants of the Templars, waiting for the right moment to reappear in full force and reclaim what belongs to the world.

I still haven’t found out when the Oddfellows Hall burned down. Probably February 18th.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why Grenville Freaks Me Out

Shortly after my sister started working at Grenville I had a dream where they hired me to design a new logo. The design I came up with in the dream was a compass and a square with a “G” in the middle, for Grenville of course. Yes, I know what the Freemason logo looks like now, but at the time I did not.

I can’t say I had never seen that logo as my best childhood friend’s dad was a mason. Since I spent more time at their house than I did my own, I recalled having seen that logo on more than one occasion. The first (and only) time I asked the dad what it stood for, he told me Girl Guides, so that’s what it was. I had no reason to disbelieve him, my friend was indeed a Girl Guide at the time. You can’t even imagine how I reacted the first time I looked them up and saw that logo. It certainly explained some of the bizarre happenings at my friend’s house. Why I was dreaming about something I did not consciously know the meaning of is another story entirely and one of which I’m still not sure.

As it turned out, I called my sister to tell her this dream and she stated that was peculiar since they just decided to get a new logo. Obviously they could not use the one I dreamt about.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sir Isaac Brock

Miss Scarlet ~ June 5, 2006, 7:47pm

Less than a week ago BWB and I somehow got on the subject of Isaac Brock. Until recently I can only say I knew of him but had no idea what he did. I climbed the tower erected in his honour in Queenston Heights countless times as a youngster, my aunt went to Brock University and I have heard of Brockville. That is what I knew of Isaac Brock.
(No, I did not pay nearly enough attention in history class).

Brock's Monument
(The aunt who went to Brock University was the first in her family to attend university. For a woman in the 60’s this was quite an accomplishment. However, she brought it up every single chance she got and I swore if I never heard the name Brock again that would be ok with me. Apparently that wasn’t to be).

I just Googled Grenville and was quite surprised to find these 3 places of interest all together in one spot, especially at a genealogy site. I just learned that Leeds and Grenville are neighbouring counties on the St Lawrence River. Brockville is in Leeds County and Prescott is in Grenville County.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Miss Scarlet ~ June 5, 2006, 10:14pm

More investigation shows there's a Brockville (the one in Leeds) and a Brock (near Toronto).

Major-General Sir Isaac Brock KB (6 October 1769 – October 13, 1812) was a British Major-General and administrator. Brock is best remembered as a brilliant leader and strategist for his actions while stationed in the Canadian colonies. His efforts earned him a knighthood, accolades, and the moniker The Hero of Upper Canada.

Brock was assigned to Canada in 1802, and became responsible for defending the territory from the United States during the War of 1812.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Brock

This is freaking me out all the stuff that seems to be leading to a conflict between the US and Canada, and somehow Britain's now been thrown in the mix. Sounds like the war of 1812 all over again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Seminole

Last year Purpleaura relocated to Seminole County Florida.

Seminole County was created on April 25, 1913 out of part of Orange County by the Florida Legislature. It was named for the Seminole tribe of Indians. The name "Seminole" is thought to be derived from the Spanish word cimarron, meaning "wild" or "runaway."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seminole_County,_Florida
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Purpleaura ~ July 30, 2006

I was just looking around at Seminole County. There’s a high concentration of hauntings and loads of limestone caverns, l wonder what that’s about. Also loads of railway tunnels around there. Seminole Indian legends talk of sand people and mangrove people as well as the legend of the skunk ape.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Skunk Ape

Past and present

Dipping a toe into tale of big feet

By Michelle Donahue October 21, 2004

October is the month for spooky stories that captivate the imagination. Most are completely fictional, but others are based on eyewitness accounts of the unexplained.

Telling fact from fiction is not an easy task since the lines between the two often become blurred over the course of time - as in the alleged sightings of several different mysterious creatures in Seminole County over the last century. This week I want to talk about the creature called the skunk ape, swamp ape, swamp monkey - or by its more familiar Indian names of Sasquatch, Yeti and Alma. Yes, I am talking about Bigfoot.

While it is generally known that these types of hairy creatures have been spotted in the northern United States, Florida has had numerous sightings as well. The most publicized cases have been in the Everglades. According to local folk historian Charlie Carlson, there have been several good cases that stand out from obvious hoaxes, and lend a measure of credibility to the legend. "We don't have really good documentation on these sightings," Carlson said. "All we've got is people's stories."

And there are stories aplenty, which is why the claims are so difficult to ignore. One story goes that an officer hit one of these creatures on Alligator Alley and it limped into the sawgrass. Supposedly, a full-scale helicopter search was conducted and searchers also observed the creature from the air before it vanished. Another account was allegedly reported by a team of five scientists, who were conducting an archeological dig somewhere in the southern part of our state. They claim a white, hairy creature that smelled like cabbage came into their camp one night and tore it up, screeching the entire time.

Sightings by such high caliber professionals tend to make the accounts from Geneva (1970), Wekiva (1946-47 and 1959) and Highway 46 near Sanford (1958-59), seem plausible as well. In one of the Wekiva accounts, a hunter told Carlson that he and a buddy shot one, thinking it was a bear. When the hunters examined the body, they found it to be hairy with a strong odor - but its face was so human-like that they actually thought they had killed a person.

They went to find the rest of their group, but when they came back to where they had left it, the creature had disappeared. The only thing that remained were drag marks in the Florida sand leading to the edge of the Wekiva River. The hunters tried to get their hounds to follow the scent, but the canines resisted. The men could see the skid marks begin again on the other side of the river, but none were brave enough to track them.

While some discount this as a hunter's yarn, what makes these sightings especially compelling is the accounts found in Indian legends, well before the white man's arrival. Some researchers believe that allusions to "sand people" and "mangrove people" could actually be references about entire tribes of these secretive primates. It makes you think.

http://www.seminolechronicle.com/vnews/display.v/ART/2004/10/21/41786776e6f93?in_archive=1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Soldiers

After Purpleaura got settled into her new house I of course wanted to go check it out. I didn’t see the house but I did see the following:

Miss Scarlet ~ August 30, 2006

When I was thinking about your new house I saw a bunch of soldiers that looked like zombie skeletons. They were coming out of a swamp behind your place but the weird thing is they were walking in a triangle formation. One guy at the lead, two behind him, three behind those guys etc. and they seemed to be multiplying. I'm feeling like you kind of unlocked something there, your energy and vibrations and light are stirring up all sorts of things. I don't feel like these soldiers are your run-of-the-mill ghosts either. There's something different about them.

That's all I'm getting right now, but there's something at my fingertips I just can't quite grasp. A mystery in one of those lakes maybe? I've heard about Lake Okeechobee over the years but in what regard I don't remember. Maybe there's a portal there?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Purpleaura ~ August 30, 2006

Eeeekkk eeeekkk eeekkk! Ok freaky and I kid you not Miss Scarlet. The last 2 nights when I went to bed I saw what looked liked you said, soldiers coming out the forest at the back of house. One soldier stood out, it was like they were slowly moving and yep there was mist with it. Then they just disappeared and I could see them pressed against the window. You could cut the atmosphere with a knife. Then I swear I heard drums and an old American Indian singing. Then I heard them say “Sorry for scaring you, we won’t hurt you”.

And here’s another thing that is freaking me out. I swear on my life before I saw your email, the last 2 nights I’ve stayed up until morning reading about UFOs and everywhere I go Lake Okeechobee keeps on coming up. I looked it up and a book about the Secret of Lake Okeechobee came up, but when I clicked on the link it was a book review on Florida. Strange both of us are picking up on this lake. I’ve never heard of it, but it looks like I’m going to have to do some investigating again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lake Okeechobee

Unusual linear features have been found via Google Earth satellite imagery under the waters of Lake Okeechobee, in Florida. New image Study, Satellite image research- FL, Lake Okeechobee linear features. Modern survey maps denote no modern canal activity.

The linear feature is around 50 feet wide and continues for almost the entire length of Lake Okeechobee. Other high albedo areas can be seen on the surrounding underwater imagery that seem out of place. It is uncertain what the features could be although it has been suggested they could be signs of an ancient canal or ancient activity. There have also been reports of an ancient city under the lake when the lake levels were much lower. It is unclear if this report is accurate but the odd features in the GE imagery suggest the possibility of ancient remains under the lake.

Another area to the North reveals the linear feature continuing in shallow water. The waves are breaking around the linear feature showing signs that something is under the water.

http://www.dailygrail.com/node/3746
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also at 6:45 p.m., in Okeechobee (population 4,943), on Highway 441 about 125 miles (200 kilometers) northwest of Miami, Danny Oakes, a pilot with the Confederate Air Force stunt team, "witnessed two brightly lighted objects approaching his location (on the north shore of Lake Okeechobee--J.T.) from the southwest at an extremely high velocity. The objects appeared...to slow suddenly, after which one of the objects 'shot off' and then returned to its position beside the other object. Then both objects appeared to go straight up into the atmosphere and disappeared."

http://www.virtuallystrange.net/ufo/updates/1998/mar/m15-006.shtml
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
8 July 74 - Lake Okeechobee, Florida and Atlantic Ocean.

Orange red ball of light lights up sky over south Florida. Crashes in area of Lake Okeechobee. Was accompanied by a large boom. Several other booms 5 - 7 min. after "object crashed." Pilots also saw object plummeting in from over Atlantic. Probable Soviet scalar EM weapons testing and calibration.

http://www.cheniere.org/books/aids/appendixIV.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Each night from Monday, March 23, to Friday, March 27, (1998) "a crew of five to ten people harvesting palms at night have been seeing lights in the sky an estimated 20 to 30 miles (32 to 48 kilometers)" north of Lake Okeechobee, according to Jean Brown of Tampa Bay MUFON.

http://www.spacepub.com/users/data/sightings/flo/flo.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tecumseh

It was around this time I started to see the word Tecumseh all over the place. True, I drive past the HMCS Tecumseh almost daily, but other than being a good reference point for giving directions it really hasn’t had a big impact on me. I will admit I am not very knowledgeable in matters of the military, but as far as I know HMCS is an acronym for Her/His Majesty’s Canadian Ship. However there is no ship anywhere in sight. There is a gigantic anchor that’s pretty cool though.

I was seeing this word in other places like filler vignettes on TV about Tecumseh. Things like that. Shortly after this began I was sent out to conduct a parking study for a hospital which used the old helicopter landing pad at HMCS Tecumseh as an overflow parking lot. The study required me to drive in and out of the base once every hour on the hour for 8 hours, as well as monitor the parking on nearby Tecumseh Road.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, so far we’ve got soldiers, Tecumseh, Freemasons and Lake Okeechobee on the brain.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Miss Scarlet ~ August 30, 2006, 7:02pm

I wonder if this is your new neighbour, General William T. Sherman. I got thinking about generals (because of the soldier Purpleaura saw who felt more important than the others) and just searched Lake Okeechobee + Freemasons and his name came up. That’s one of those names that have always sounded familiar to me.

So guess what the "T" stands for in William T. Sherman? And guess who he was named after? Yup, the same Shawnee Indian Chief that our naval reserve was named after.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Time to look into these guys I guess.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William Tecumseh Sherman
(February 8, 1820 – February 14, 1891)

This man’s military career was prolific. As he relates to this particular story:

In 1836 he entered West Point, and on graduating near the head of his class he was appointed second lieutenant in the 3rd artillery regiment. His first field service was in Florida against the Seminole Indians.

http://www.nndb.com/people/275/000050125/

Sherman's main concern as commanding general was to protect the construction and operation of the railroads from attack by hostile Indians. In his campaigns against the Indian tribes, Sherman repeated his Civil War strategy by seeking not only to defeat the enemy's soldiers, but also to destroy the resources that allowed the enemy to sustain its warfare. The policies he implemented included the decimation of the buffalo, which were the primary source of food for the Plains Indians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Tecumseh_Sherman

On Washington's Birthday in 1877, Congress accepted the statue (of Liberty) as a gift from the French people. Bedloe's Island, now Liberty Island, was chosen by General Sherman, the well-known Atlanta-burner.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Statue of Liberty -- A Masonic Goddess from Top to Bottom

The Babylonian Ishtar, Imperial Rome's goddess Libertas was Papal Rome's "MOTHER OF THE HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH" and the template for America's Statue of Liberty.

One of the many proofs of Freemasonry's cult of liberty, and furthermore of its deep influence upon our culture and mentality, is the Statue of Liberty. This colossus in New York's harbor was conceived by Freemasons, financed by Freemasons, built by Freemasons, and installed by Freemasons in a Freemasonic ceremony. The poem about "the huddled masses" inscribed on its base was written by American Jewess, Emma Lazarus.

The maker of the statue was Freemason Frederic-Auguste Bartholdi. He had already made a statue of the Freemason Marquis de Lafayette for the city of New York, for the occasion of the centenary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence.

Bartholdi sailed to America, at the suggestion of other Freemasons and kindred spirits in France, for the purpose of proposing the project. Although he had no drawings as he set sail, his Masonic biographer writes, as he entered New York harbor, "he caught a vision of a magnificent goddess (Nimrod's Semiramis -- Isis or Astarte), holding aloft a torch (of Illuminism) in one hand and welcoming all visitors to the land of freedom and opportunity” (signifying Brotherhood control of the American people by the "liberties" perpetrated against them).

Returning to France, he managed to raise, through the help of a great deal of Masonic propaganda, the sum of 3,500,000 French francs, a very large sum for the 1870's. For the face of his "Goddess of Liberty" he chose his own mother.

Structural framework was provided by Freemason Gustave Eiffel, later to be famous for the 984-feet (300-meter) high Eiffel Tower. Although financial support for the statue was forthcoming in France, America was not willing to put up the money for the pedestal. It was Joseph Pulitzer, the owner and editor of the New York World, who managed to raise over $100,000 for the project.

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/mason7.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay it doesn’t actually say anywhere in there that Sherman was a mason, but I don’t suppose they’d let any Joe Schmo choose the location for such an important icon.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chief Tecumseh

In 1812 war was declared between the United States and England. About the same time it was discovered that the Indians of the west band joined in a plot against the white settlers. The great Shawnee chief, Tecumseh, came south to persuade the southern Indians to join in the plot. He was very eloquent and many of the Creeks and Indians of other tribes joined him. His plans were aided by British agents at Pensacola, who encouraged the Indians to make war on the Americans, and furnished them with arms.

http://fcit.usf.edu/florida/docs/j/jacks04.htm

Tecumseh (c.1768? - October 5, 1813), whose given name might be more accurately rendered as Tecumtha or Tekamthi, was a famous Shawnee leader. He spent much of his life attempting to rally disparate Native American tribes in a mutual defense of their lands, which eventually culminated in his death in the War of 1812.

Tecumseh remains a respected icon for Native Americans and is considered a national hero in Canada. Even his longtime adversary William Henry Harrison considered Tecumseh to be "one of those uncommon geniuses which spring up occasionally to produce revolutions and overturn the established order of things.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tecumseh
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Overturn the established order of things. Hmmmmmm, I like the sounds of that. Especially where it concerns innocent people being slaughtered for greed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to Brock

Tecumseh joined British Major-General Sir Isaac Brock to force the surrender of Detroit in August 1812, a major victory for the British. Tecumseh's acumen in warfare was evident in this engagement. As Brock advanced to a point just out of range of Detroit's guns, Tecumseh had his warriors parade out from a nearby wood and circle around to repeat the maneuver, making it appear that there were many more than was actually the case. The fort commander, Brigadier General William Hull, surrendered in fear of massacre should he refuse.

This victory was reversed a little over a year later, however, as Commodore Oliver Hazard Perry's victory on Lake Erie, late in the summer of 1813, cut British supply lines and prompted them to withdraw. The British burned the public buildings in Detroit and retreated into Upper Canada along the Thames Valley. Tecumseh followed, fighting rearguard actions to slow the US advance.

The next British commander, Major-General Henry Procter did not have the same working relationship with Tecumseh as his predecessor. Procter failed to appear at Chatham, Ontario as expected by the Native Americans. Harrison crossed into Upper Canada in October, 1813 and won a victory over the British and the Native Americans at the Battle of the Thames near Chatham. Shortly after, the tribes of his confederacy surrendered to Harrison at Detroit. Certain eye-witness sources state that Tecumseh was killed by Colonel Richard M. Johnson, future vice-president of the United States under Martin Van Buren, although it has not been proven. After Tecumseh was killed, no one ever found his body.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tecumseh
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Miss Scarlet ~ May 6, 2005

Ok the last 3 mornings I have woken up thinking about Martin from the Simpson’s. This morning I heard Martin Van Buren and was told he was the clue????
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, so now we’ve got Tecumseh, Sherman and Brock all tied together. Combined all 3 of these men are connected to Florida, where Purpleaura currently resides, Alberta, where I currently reside and the Niagara Peninsula, where I grew up. And where I grew up was Ridgeway, home of The Battle of Ridgeway, which was fought between the Fenian Brotherhood of the U.S. and Canadian forces shortly after the Civil War ended.

The Battle of Ridgeway (sometimes referred to as the Battle of Lime Ridge) was contested near Ridgeway, Canada West, currently Ontario, on June 2, 1866, between Canadian troops and an irregular army of Irish-American invaders, the Fenians. It was the largest skirmish of the so-called "Fenian Raids".

The New York City-based Fenian Brotherhood was attempting to support related groups in Ireland to force the United Kingdom into negotiating toward the formation of an independent Irish Republic. They took advantage of the ready supply of arms in the United States after the recently concluded Civil War, and of the ample number of unemployed young men who had emerged from that conflict with some degree of military training. It was still a ragtag army, however, that assembled on the American shore of the Niagara River during the last weeks of May 1866. The Fenians had made little attempt at secrecy, and both American and British authorities were aware of the imminent military operation.

Despite half-hearted American attempts to prevent the river crossing — the United States was loath to go out of its way to help the British after the failure of the US invasion of Canada during the War of 1812 and their (perceived but almost non-existent) support of the Confederacy in the Civil War — the Fenian troops, led by General John O'Neill, a former Union cavalry commander, secured boats and transferred some 800 men across the Niagara, landing just above Fort Erie, before dawn on June 1, 1866. O'Neill spent the first day trying to rally the local citizenry to the Fenian cause and to commandeer supplies for his mission, but his force was plagued by desertions almost from the outset. By nightfall O'Neill estimated he had perhaps 500 effectives remaining.

Meanwhile, the British were mobilizing both local militias and British garrison troops to defend against the impending invasion. The Fenians night-marched north across Frenchman's Creek, then turned inland on the morning of June 2, taking up a defensive position near the present town of Ridgeway. There they clashed with 850 advancing Canadian militia commanded by Lieutenant-Colonel Alfred Booker. Both forces were inexperienced and the skirmish that ensued was marked by confusion and ill-timed retreats by each side. Some of the Canadian militiamen mistook Fenian scouts on horseback for cavalry. Orders to defend against a cavalry charge, although quickly countermanded, led to chaos in the Canadian ranks and Booker ordered a withdrawal after only one to three hours of battle. The Fenians soon fell back to Fort Erie. Canadian casualties included 9 dead and 37 wounded. O'Neill said he had four or five men killed, but Canadians found six Fenian bodies on the field.

The Ridgeway victory was complemented by a second successful engagement later that day at Fort Erie. The rapid and massive convergence of British and Canadian reinforcements continued to convince many of the Fenians to return in haste to the United States - some on logs, on rafts, or by swimming. O'Neill and his remaining 317 effectives surrendered their arms to waiting U.S. authorities.

Fenian units involved in the battle were the 7th Buffalo (NY), 18th Ohio, 13th Tennessee, and 17th Kentucky Fenian Regiments, and an independent Company from Indiana. Canadian units included The Queen's Own Rifles of Toronto and the 13th Hamilton Battalion. Canadian Orangeman Alexander Muir, author of the unofficial Canadian anthem "The Maple Leaf Forever," fought with the Queen's Own at Ridgeway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Ridgeway

The picture below shows a graveyard whose eternal occupants are soldiers who fought in the Fenian Raids. Outlined in red is the house I grew up in. I had a dream not long ago about one of these headstones covered by a red tarp for some sort of celebration I felt. As soon as the snow clears mom’s going to go see who it belongs
to. I get the feeling soldiers of all sorts are trying to tell us something.
.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dates of Interest

I was drawn to Calgary October 5th, Tecumseh disappeared October 5th

October 13th has always been a date of curiosity for me. So what’s happened in history on October 13th? Well, first of all Isaac Brock died that day.

The Battle of Queenston Heights was a British victory during the War of 1812 which took place on October 13, 1812, near Queenston, Ontario. It was fought between the United States—led by Stephen Van Rensselaer—and the British, led by Sir Isaac Brock and Roger Sheaffe. The battle, the largest in the war to that point, was fought as the result of an American attempt to establish a foothold on the Canadian side of the Niagara River before campaigning ended with the onset of winter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Queenston_Heights
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was on this date, October 13, 1307 — and presumably on a Friday — that King Philip IV ("the Fair") of France arrested all of the Templar Knights. The religious order had been the subject of rumors of blasphemy and irreligious practices, but in fact the Knights of the Temple of Solomon or (from their logo) the Red Cross Knights, were "just brutal, pious, simple-minded men," who became wealthy and corrupt as soon as the Church showered blessings and money on the order.

http://www.ronaldbrucemeyer.com/rants/1013a-almanac.htm

I don’t believe that for a second. I believe the church was scared to death of the Templars for much different reasons. This was no different than the witch burnings of Salem.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Miracle of the Sun is an alleged miraculous event that was witnessed by as many as 70,000 people on 13 October 1917 in the Cova da Iria fields near Fátima, Portugal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Miracle_of_the_Sun
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1’s and 8’s

September 30, 1811: Brock becomes Lieut.Governor of Upper Canada

http://www.warof1812.ca/1812events.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Templar Order was founded by nine knights in 1118 A.D. who created an order of 'warrior monks.' The Templars were begun in the aftermath of the First Crusade of 1096 A.D. to help the new Kingdom of Jerusalem defend itself against its hostile Muslim neighbors and to ensure the safety of the large numbers of European pilgrims who journeyed to Jerusalem. The Medieval Templar Order was officially ended in 1314 A.D. with the burning at the stake of the last official Grand Master, Jacques de Molay.

http://scifipedia.scifi.com/index.php/Knights_Templar
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For about one hundred years, the Order of the Temple - Knights Templar - and Sion were apparently unified under one leadership, though they are said to have separated at the cutting of the Elm at Gisors in 1188.

In 1188 AD King Phillip II of France and King Henry II of England (with his heir Richard the Lion Hearted at his side) met on the sacred field at Gisors. This site in France was where kings had come for centuries to debate, forge alliances, and sometimes do battle. A huge elm tree in the middle of the sacred field was the central symbol - an ancient elm thought to be almost 800 years old at that time, so huge that nine men joined hand to hand could not encircle it.

http://www.crystalinks.com/prieuredesion.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Battle of Tippecanoe was fought in 1811 between United States forces led by Governor William Henry Harrison of the Indiana Territory and forces of Tecumseh's growing American Indian confederation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Tippecanoe
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tecumseh’s Curse

Although I have heard of this curse I had no idea until this point what it was called:

"After the historical battle of Tippecanoe in 1811, legend has it that the Shawnee Indian Chief, Tecumseh, sent General William Henry Harrison, via released prisoners, a message... a prophecy that history justifiably labelled, 'Tecumseh's Curse':

"'Harrison will not win this year to be the Great Chief. But he may win next year. If he does... He will not finish his term. He will die in his office.' 'No president has ever died in office,' declared a visitor. 'But Harrison will die I tell you. And when he dies you will remember my brother Tecumseh's death. You think that I have lost my powers. I who caused the sun to darken and Red Men to give up firewater. But I tell you Harrison will die. And after him every Great Chief chosen every 20 years thereafter will die. And when each one dies, let everyone remember the death of our people.'"

http://www.nicholaswhyte.info/curse.htm

The term Curse of Tippecanoe (also known as the presidential curse, zero-year curse, the twenty-year curse, or Tecumseh's curse) is sometimes used to describe the pattern where, from 1840 to 1960, every United States President elected (or reelected) every twentieth year (which always ends in zero (i.e., '00, '20, '40, '60, '80)) has died in office. The only president to die in office outside of this pattern was Zachary Taylor who was elected in 1848 and died of cholera in 1850, notably a year also ending in zero. The curse apparently was broken by Ronald Reagan, who was first elected in 1980 and survived his presidency, despite having been shot in an assassination attempt 69 days into his presidency. The next president in the line is the current president, George W. Bush, who was first elected in 2000 (and reelected in 2004).

The curse, first noted in a Ripley's Believe It or Not book published in 1934, is commonly attributed to Tecumseh, who was defeated by William Henry Harrison at the Battle of Tippecanoe in 1811. Another version attributes it to Tecumseh's half-brother Tenskwatawa, who allegedly pronounced the curse while sitting for a painting. This version has been the most widely accepted, but many scholars have questioned its validity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tecumseh's_curse
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Perpetual Change

Just before awaking one morning I saw the following picture:


Miss Scarlet ~ August 22, 2006

I just got done drawing what I saw this morning. In the dream I knew the background was a popular Windows wallpaper and is included with most of their programs. In Windows XP it's called "Bliss" which I did not know until I went to look for it. That sounds good to me :-) I also knew the tree was a poplar, how I don't know, a green thumb I do not have. I also don't know if this has something to do with the Tree of Life or what, but I found it odd there was only that one tree in the whole picture (it doesn't come with a tree in windows).

I also woke up with the Yes song Perpetual Change playing in my head and felt it had something to do with what I saw. Also on the same album as Perpetual Change is a song about playing chess. I went to the symbols page to see what chevrons mean and it was interesting chess pieces are listed right before chevrons. The chevrons I was shown had that rainbow look to them or I guess it could mean colour spectrum.

This structure is common in military and heraldic contexts, and is often called a chevron. It denotes rank when used on military uniforms; when doubled or tripled, the rank increases. Signs of the type can be found on the clothes of high-ranking chiefs already about 3000 B.C.

Note how the car manufacturer Citroën has taken as the emblem of its cars. Although said to have originated from the new angled form of cogwheels used by Citroën, the fact remains that the emblem of the car is an old Western military ideogram denoting high rank.

http://www.symbols.com/old/encyclopedia/04/041.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Purpleaura ~ August 27, 2006

Okay I’m reading your emails and creeping out. I was outside on Friday talking to 2 neighbours when we all looked around and saw a rainbow. Then the last 2 days I have seen 2 more rainbows. I don’t think I’ve seen that many rainbows in my life let alone in a matter of 3 days. Then you post about this.

Interesting that yesterday I had the guy here that originally put the light in the garden which lit up the woods. I told him when we moved in it didn’t work. So he checks it and says the line’s dead. He goes to the back of my fence in the shrubs and suddenly pulls out 2 huge wires. All you could see were huge metal wires and the blue plastic covering, and they were cut. He said maybe your gardeners cut it? I told him that we just moved in on Monday, we tried it and it didn’t work. We had gardeners in on Thursday and the lights were dead then. He said he put a main box in for the lights, and he goes over to it and there’s a huge tree snapped. A branch had fallen down and broke the box. I’m thinking this is weird, ok something is up on your tree.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speaking of Trees


Miss Scarlet ~ August 30, 2006

General Sherman is the name of a Giant Sequoia. It is the largest tree in the world, and generally considered the largest organism, as measured by the volume of its trunk (1487 cubic metres as of 2002). It is approximately 2,200 years old. The tree is located in the Giant Forest of Sequoia National Park in the United States.

In January of 2006 the largest branch on the tree, seen most commonly in older photos as an "L" or "golf club" shape protruding from about 1/4th down the trunk, broke off. No one was present for the incident, but the branch (which has a diameter of over 6 feet and a length of over 100 feet, bigger than most trees), smashed part of the enclosing fence and cratered the walkway pavement surrounding the sequoia. This is not believed to be indicative of any abnormalities with General Sherman's health, and may even be a natural defense mechanism against adverse weather conditions. Also the branch loss does not change the tree's status as the largest tree, as that honor was bestowed based on crude measurements of trunk volume, excluding branches.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Sherman_tree

I am really fascinated by this tree and I wonder about the tree in the rainbow chevron picture? I don't know how they may be related, but that tree was made to stand out for some reason.

Some interesting facts: it is 11.1 metres at the base and it sits at 36 N, 118 W. Nixon went to the "White House South" 118 times and slept there 55 times. Do you think this could be the literal tree of life or tree of knowledge? If it's 2200 years old, that's before Christ, so I bet it's seen a lot in its day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William Morgan

It’s very possible Captain William Morgan’s name is familiar to me only because of the rum, however I feel there’s more to it than that.

On September 13, 1882 a large monument to Morgan was unveiled in the Batavia City cemetery by the National Christian Association, a group opposed to secret societies. The ceremony was witnessed by 1000 people, including representatives from local masonic lodges. The monument reads:

"Sacred to the memory of Wm. Morgan, a native of Virginia, a Capt. in the War of 1812, a respectable citizen of Batavia, and a martyr to the freedom of writing, printing and speaking the truth. He was abducted from near this spot in the year 1826, by Freemasons and murdered for revealing the secrets of their order. The court records of Genesee County, and the files of the Batavia Advocate, kept in the Recorders office contain the history of the events that caused the erection of this monument."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Morgan_(anti-Mason)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Abduction and Murder of Captain William Morgan

In March 1826 Morgan formed a partnership with David C. Miller, John Davids, and Russel Dyer. Miller, who had taken only the first Masonic Degree (Morgan was Royal Arch), was a printer and publisher of the Batavia Republican Advocate. Like Morgan Miller sought profit, but in addition he was infuriated by the establishment of a rival local newspaper, the Peoples Press, whose editors were Masons. David and Dyer were to furnish capital for the publication.

News of this enterprise spread quickly among Masons of the towns and villages throughout the Burned-over District- Rochester, Buffalo, Lockport, Canadaiga, LeRoy, and Lewiston. These Masons not realizing that published exposes were commonplace in England and France were available in the United States, and knowingly only that to write and publish such secrets was a heinous offense in light of Masonic tradition, determined to prevent the books publication. Morgan and his partners received various threats and were constantly harassed, but the book appeared nevertheless.

On August 4 Morgan's partners drew up a bond for $500,000, which the author was to receive in exchange for his manuscript. The bond evidently was worthless, for two days later he wrote his partners and charged them with evasion and dishonesty. Amid rumors, purported violence, and intrigue, Morgans book received a copyright on August 14 under the title Illustrations of Masonry, By One Of The Fraternity Who Has Devoted Thirty Years to the Subject. It was detailed and, by all accounts, accurate narrative of three Blue Lodge degrees as then conferred in New York, giving all the secret signs, passwords, obligations, and grips, and was replete with woodcut illustrations. When Miller advertised the book for sale at one dollar a copy in the Republican Advocate on December 14 (after Morgans abduction), its content included an introduction by the printer that denounced Masonry in scathing terms.

In mid-September 1826 local Masons began to take direct action against Morgan, hoping to stop the books appearance. On September 10, an unsuccessful attempt was made to destroy Miller's print shop by fire. Prominent Masons in Batavia later offered a reward of $100 if it could be proved that any of the brethren were responsible. That same day, Nicholas Cheseboro, master (head) of Ontario Master's Lodge at Canandaiga, obtained a warrant for Morgan's arrest on a charge of theft, claiming that he had stolen a shirt and cravat from a local tavern keeper, from whom he had rented a room in May 1826. The following day, a constable (who was not a Mason) and five others who were lodge brothers journeyed to Batavia, arrested Morgan, and took him to Danold's Tavern. Morgan was then taken to Canandaiga on the theft charge, but the magistrate released him because of lack of evidence. He was rearrested immediately on the claim of $2.69 due an innkeeper. Morgan admitted the debt, and the authorities incarcerated him about 10:00 P.M.

The next evening, September 12, 1826, the Canandaiga jailer was absent. Cheseboro, with two Masonic assistants, after some difficulty persuaded the jailer’s wife to release Morgan upon payment of the debt. Morgan was then escorted from the jail. About 9:00 P.M. a shrill whistle sounded, and the jailer’s wife rushed to the window, only to see Morgan struggling with two men and shouting "Murder!" A yellow carriage appeared, and four men threw Morgan into it. The carriage went "clattering" into the night, and Morgan was never seen in public again.

Morgan's exact fate has remained a mystery since that dark evening, for his corpse was never found. From the mass of confusing and contradictory testimony, some obtained in court, some given many years later in deathbed "confessions", it appears that the approximately sixty-nine Masons involved in Morgan's abduction had made an arrangement with Masonic brethren in Canada by which Morgan was to receive a sum of money (perhaps $500) and a farm on which he would live out his days incognito. The plan collapsed, however, and no satisfactory documented explanation was ever offered by those involved. Morgan was apparently held a prisoner in the French powder magazine at abandoned Fort Niagara. On September 19, 1827, he was allegedly bound with weights and thrown into the Niagara River (below the falls), near the place where the river sluggishly flows into Lake Ontario. Of course, this account is conjecture, for authorities never located Morgan's body, and although his abduction was ultimately proved in court, his murder was not. For years it was rumoured that Morgan had been seen in Canada and in more exotic places-in Smyrna in the Ottoman Empire and in British Honduras. It was also reported that Morgan had become an Indian Chief and that he had "turned pirate" and had been hanged in Cuba for his crimes.

This writer agrees with New York's third special counsel of 1831, Victory Birdseye, that Morgan was probably murdered by misguided Masons, who, when the Canadian deal fell apart, panicked and decided that by getting rid of the author, they would somehow prevent publication of The Illustrations. To their chagrin, not only did the book appear, duly advertised, in mid-December, but within a year, Morgan's abduction and alleged murder had produced a violent moral crusade against Masonry and an incipient political party as well.

The Antimasonic Party in the United States 1826-1843

William Preston Vaughn

The University Press of Kentucky 1983.

http://freemasonrywatch.org/party.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Limestone

As Purpleaura said, what is up with this? Purpleaura learns of limestone caverns in Seminole County, the Battle of Ridgeway was also known as the Battle of Lime Ridge, certainly due to the fact the area is built on a limestone ridge, and almost every single historical structure of any significance in Alberta was constructed of limestone because of it’s abundance in the area. Sounds to me like there might be some mystical properties to limestone.

3 hours later…

Ironically, I think our question may have just been answered. I was just reading more about the Sherman Tree. Also in Sequoia national park is this:

Crystal Cave

The parks protect more than 200 caves, including Crystal Cave. Formed of limestone that has turned into marble, it is decorated with curtains of icicle-like stalactites and mounds of stalagmites.

http://www.sequoia-kingscanyon.com/sights.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Okay, there are the “facts” and “evidence” as I see it. Facts and evidence of what though? What are all these soldiers trying to tell us?

Something I didn’t mention yet is what I also saw when I saw the soldiers behind Purpleaura’s house. This picture popped into my head momentarily at the same time.


I wasn’t sure if this picture was supposed to be showing me the soldiers or the soldier’s enemy. Considering the fact the soldiers told Purpleaura not to be frightened, they wouldn’t harm her, makes me think this referred to the enemy.

Were Brock and Tecumseh and Morgan all descendants of the Templars? Rendering them part of the super secret faction within the secret brotherhood fighting from within? And what about Sherman? His parents tried to set him on the right track, then the vatican got their claws into him and look what happened. On the other hand, whatever we may think we have learned or been fortunate to have been shown, we truly won’t know everything until we pass to the other side. I’m hoping by now General Sherman has seen the errors of his ways and has returned to make restitution.

Morgan’s intentions may have been more out of revenge than actually trying to warn the world. But at least he tried.

And what of this zero year curse? Something seems peculiar about that. I just happened to have the opportunity to stand almost right on top of the spot Reagan had his near hit. A single-car garage had been erected over that spot at the time. Both my sister and I found that extremely odd. The garage was terribly out of place and did not fit in at all with its surroundings. We wondered what exactly was being covered up here.

What happened that day? Something has never felt right to me about that whole deal. I watched all the coverage, saw James Brady on countless television appearances and almost cried every time. I know he took pledges to protect his country but he was nothing more than an innocent bystander in that whole gong show. No matter what his country did for him, it would not equal what he did for his country. And the problem is, it wasn’t for his country. Not in the patriotic sense. Not in the saving the life of a president sense. More of a pawn in the yet another cover up sense.

Was the real Reagan body snatched after the shooting? Was some sort of deal hammered out to expel the curse of Tecumseh? A sacrifice perhaps? Why was the curse broken with him? He seemed rather distant and robotic to me. I suppose Alzheimer’s is a really good way to explain the many inconsistencies of that administration. We can all think back on the times he was mixing up moviedom with reality and say “Oh, that’s why”. But was it?

Are the soldiers telling us of past or future events? Or both? After what happened in New Orleans post-Katrina, all the fighting and rioting between races, I was convinced that was a large part of the plan. Create civil unrest. Never in my life had I heard of people shooting each other or any of the other atrocities that surfaced, after such a disaster. People band together in times of need no matter what their race or situation. This is probably the only time people actually exist in harmony if even for a short period of time. WTF happened in New Orleans? Where were all the feel-good stories of humanitarianism that always follow a disaster? It appeared to me like the start of a war of the races was attempted.

I think the drumming and singing Purpleaura heard might have been a call to arms of sorts. I think these warriors may have been showing us what we’re up against. In this case by “us” I do not just mean Purpleaura and I, but any other warriors fighting the same cause.

This is by no means meant to be an insult to my southern neighbours, the government yes, but the people no. As far as I’m concerned it’s only a matter of time before the U.S. decides to pull an Iraq on us.

Second only to the Saudi Arabia reserves, Alberta's oil sands deposits were described by Time Magazine as "Canada's greatest buried energy treasure," and "could satisfy the world's demand for petroleum for the next century".

http://www.energy.gov.ab.ca/89.asp
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We did a pretty good job of keeping these oil sands our little secret for quite some time. Then Cheney found out about them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
September 2005

Dick Cheney, Alberta-bound

The creepy veep comes at the invitation of Michael Walker and the Fraser Institute.

by Derrick O'Keefe

U.S. Vice-President Dick Cheney will make a visit to Canada in early September. His itinerary, though, isn’t likely to take him anywhere near the nation’s capital in Ottawa. He plans to stick to the more familiar territory of oil-rich Alberta. Making his first visit to Canada since taking office almost five years ago, Cheney’s trip highlights once again the priorities of the US administration. Dick will in Alberta to size up the vaunted tar sands which, despite still difficult and costly extraction, some tout as the world’s largest reserve of hydrocarbons.

http://republic-news.org/archive/121-repub/121_okeefe.htm

Like I said, only a matter of time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Back to Brock Again

Miss Scarlet ~ October 21, 2006

I was just looking around GLP and noticed a new poster named "Isaac Brock died for us".

He had just registered under this name 10 days before that. Here is another example of why I sometimes think people are either reading our minds or our mail. He’s posted in public on GLP that he also lives in Alberta, so I hope he doesn’t mind that I post that information here. “Coincidence” doesn’t even come close to describing that.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Boy you really do learn something(s) every day. I couldn’t remember the name of the Yes song referring to chess so I looked it up. Your Move. Doh. Interesting little blurb Wikipedia has about it:

The song is essentially a monologue on how to play chess, as if it's said by a Bishop running the black diagonal squares to the player (left wing when you are playing white, right wing when you are playing black), but could also be seen as a piece comparing life itself to the game of chess. It is also considered an anti-war song. For example, the lyric "Don't surround yourself with yourself" is a reference to self-righteous entities, and the song discusses how news is captured by the queen to manipulate troops against enemies, a criticism of the Vietnam War of the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I%27ve_Seen_All_Good_People:_Your_Move
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I will end with some words of wisdom from Tecumseh. Of the many tales contained in the bible, the ten commandments are one of those things that feels real hokey to me. I have often thought they should be rewritten. What Tecumseh has to say would be a good start.

"The way to stop this evil is for all redmen to unite in claiming a common and equal right to the land, never to be divided... it belongs to all of us for each use."

"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their view, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people.

Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide. Always give a word or a sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, even a stranger, when in a lonely place. Show respect to all people and bow to none. When you arise in the morning, give thanks for the food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason for giving thanks, the fault lies only in yourself. Abuse no one and nothing, for abuse turns the wise ones to fools and robs the spirit of its vision.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tecumseh