Monday 23 April 2007

Virginia Tech




Originally Posted April 19, 2007

Well there is certainly much to talk about, the tragedy and subsequent weirdness at Virginia Tech being the biggest news this week. My heart goes out to all those affected.

Thankfully Purpleaura’s been keeping a close eye on the story since I haven’t had a lot of computer time this week. And part of the reason she’s been keeping such a close eye is the fact they had narrowed down 2 colleges for one of their kids to attend and one of the colleges was Virginia Tech.

When I first heard the news I was certain the gunman’s name would be David Moranis. I searched for Cho Seung-Hui + Moranis and nothing came up but I did find it odd Rick Moranis’ birthday was yesterday as was Suri Cruise’s.

This is a recap of Purpleaura’s stalker dream that hasn’t been moved to this site yet:

Purpleaura’s Dream ~ March 27, 2007

The dream is set in a public place with many people around. I seem to be someone else and I’m sitting on a wooden bench or chair talking to a man who I apparently am involved with. He tells me his name is David Moranis.

I'm talking to him through rose tinted glasses, full of love and oblivious to who he truly is. As I’m watching, suddenly 2 men pass by and one of them says, “That’s David Moranis, he’s the murderer that killed 2 little girls”. He mentioned one of the girl’s names which I can’t remember. Then the man said, “Why the hell has he been let out of prison?” They walk past and David Moranis, said, “I’m innocent, I didn’t do it”.

Suddenly there appears shop workers in uniforms, (the only way I can think to describe them), and they ask him to stand up while they check him over. David says to me, “They have to do a body search over a certain amount of hours". So I’m talking and say, "We have to measure him to see how much he needs to lose". The people body-searching him said to him, “you need to at least lose 65”. David is getting pissed at me for asking them to measure him. To gently calm him, I tell him, “Don’t worry, I need to lose weight as well, we’ll both do it”.

So the people disappear and it’s just David and me. He is acting a bit weird and the person who I seem to be playing is starting to get a bit scared. I tell David that I need to go home (I didn’t want to let him know where I lived). He gets up and sits somewhere else. It’s at the stage I feel like I’m dealing with an irrational person. I could feel the anger and resentment and the air was weird. He appeared to have a dangerous and split personality. So I say, “I am off home", he is mad and says "right".

I start off home and suddenly I notice him stalking me. I pretended to turn around and he says he is going into the "fish and chip shop", it’s on his way. But it also happens to be where I am walking. So again I carry on walking, but I notice he didn’t have the food he was supposed to have gotten, he was empty handed.

I managed to elude him and carry on walking and whilst I’m walking my nerves are on edge. I’m on high alert, I know this guy is dangerous. I know the rose tinted glasses I’ve been wearing have disappeared and now I realise just how dangerous he is.

On the way home I remembered I had a brother. I called his office and I spoke to a guy who recognised me and they put me through to my brother. It’s at this stage in the dream I am aware that my brother is in fact a detective on the police force. I ask him about David Moranis and he finds me the information.

It jumps and it feels like I’m watching over my brother’s shoulder staring down at a photo of a crime scene. There were 3 bodies lying in one room all placed along 3 walls of the room. I presumed 2 of the bodies were children, but one was definitely an adult, all murdered. Suddenly I woke up (figuratively, not literally) and realised he is not innocent. He committed the murders and he is still dangerous. I figured that he was emmo. He gets involved, then when he feels like something is wrong, his rage and anger causes him to turn on them. I felt this is how he did it before. In the end he started to follow and stalk them and when the time was right he would murder them. This guy is definitely dangerous.

It’s at this stage I woke up and heard the humming noise. I was on high alert, feeling like the person involved in the dream is nearby. In the dream I am in fact someone else, so it makes sense that I am feeling her fears about him.

Miss Scarlet ~ I can find little evidence of anybody named Dave Moranis other than a link to a broadcast on NPR. The preview of the link refers to David Moranis as being a presidential biographer.

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Hope gets you nowhere in the Bill Clinton story, according to presidential biographer David Moranis (ph). Mr. ...

www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=1001473 - Supplemental Result –


Rick Moranis however is a different situation. His movies include L.A. Story (1991), My Blue Heaven (1990), Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (1989), Parenthood (1989), Spaceballs (1987), Club Paradise (1986), Little Shop of Horrors (1986), Brewster's Millions (1985), Ghostbusters (1984) and Strange Brew (1983).


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Purpleaura saw 3 bodies and we couldn’t help but notice the 3’s in the Virginia Tech tragedy. Each victim had a minimum of 3 bullet wounds and the first report I heard said 33 people were killed.

Much more needs to be said about this as the story gets stranger by the minute. I need some time to digest it all.

Miss Scarlet