Monday 16 April 2007

Lorraine Revisited

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally Posted March 16, 2007

Well, Purpleaura is back from her journey to the UK and I for one am ecstatic, as I’m sure are her family. The visit did not go without some peculiarities, which is to be expected when Purpleaura travels anywhere. Or even if she stays home.

Last Christmas her sister Lorraine, being the practical joker she is, made a remark that has literally come back to haunt them. She suggested whoever “goes” first should return to haunt the others. There are a few skeptics in the family but Lorraine seems to be doing her darndest to sway their opinions.

When Purpleaura broke the news of Aunt Lorraine to Miss Kitty, Miss Kitty said, “Mum, Lorraine is dead, her body doesn’t work, but she has come back as a ghost to haunt everyone". Keep in mind Miss Kitty is 3 and a half years old.

Purpleaura told me she was thankful Lorraine went in her sleep, knowing her luck, she would go while in the loo. Well, shortly after her arrival in the UK, Purpleaura woke in the night to use the facilities. All of a sudden the light goes out, scaring Purpleaura so much she indeed wondered if that was her time. No, it was just Lorraine having some fun.

After this incident Purpleaura decided to go and watch a little TV before returning to bed. She turned on the TV, watched whatever was on for a bit, then at 3am the television changed channels all by itself. Purpleaura figured the show she apparently was supposed to be watching must be one of Lorraine’s favorites. Sure enough, she found out from her mother the next morning that when Lorraine couldn’t sleep, she would get up to watch this show.

The same night, in another place, their brother just happened to be up at 3am and also experienced lights burning out.

Around the same time I was on the other side of the world compiling a CD with which to do housework by. As I went through the files I came across the song 3am by Matchbox Twenty. I sat and looked at it, listening to it in my head, wondering whether to put it on the CD or not. As much as I love the song, I decided no, it wasn’t housework kind of music.

On a completely different subject, are Matchbox cars numbered, and if so, which one is number 20?

Lights have been going on and off mysteriously in the homes of all the family, doors have been opening and closing by themselves, people are hearing footsteps. Especially in the homes of the skeptics. Way to go Lorraine!

Even Miss Kitty had a visit or two, but before I can explain those, I have to explain about Kevin first.

Purpleaura ~

When I was 16 I saw granddad and another man at the bottom of my bed, he said he was my brother and his name was Kevin. I thought, “Yeah right, I don’t have a brother named Kevin”. I mentioned it to mum and she dropped her cup and said that she had a miscarriage before she had me, and that if she was expecting a boy she was going to call him Kevin. A little while later we went to a psychic and the first words out of her mouth were, "Yeah you did see your granddad and your brother called Kevin”.

Miss Kitty does not know of Kevin, but seems to have had a chat with him and Lorraine all the same. From the mouths of babes:

“Mum, Lorraine said I had to behave and stop it, and Lorraine has been going to grandma and other grandma's house and granddads house".

Then she said, "Big brother Kevin is a doctor and Lorraine is better now."

Look closely at the picture below. There is a reflection of a man in the TV who appears to be having a lot of fun watching whatever he's watching. The thing was, when Purpleaura took this picture, there was nobody else in the room except for Miss Kitty who was on the floor playing with her dollhouse. I have my suspicions it was Uncle Kevin dropping in for a visit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Be on the lookout for Lorraine sightings!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Purpleaura and I both found it strange, not sure why, that she happened to be in the UK, quite unexpectedly, during the eclipse. I emailed her while she was gone and told her if she missed it, a buddy of BWB’s has a sister in the UK who got some very nice pictures of it.

At the same time Purpleaura was reading the newspaper, looking at pictures of the eclipse and thinking, “I must remember to tell Miss Scarlet about this when I get back”.

Don’t know what’s up with that, perhaps Lorraine was suggesting to meet her on the dark side of the moon. Or maybe she swears the moon don’t hang quite as high as it used to.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3am ~ Matchbox Twenty

She says it's cold outside and she hands me my raincoat
She's always worried about things like that
She says it's all gonna end and it might as well be my fault
And she only sleeps when it's raining
And she screams and her voice is straining
She says baby
Its 3 am I must be lonely
When she says baby
Well I can't help but be scared of it all sometimes
Says the rain's gonna wash away I believe it
She's got a little bit of something, God it's better than nothing
And in her color portrait world she believes that she's got it all
She swears the moon don't hang quite as high as it used to
And she only sleeps when it's raining
And she screams and her voice is straining
She believes that life is made up of all that you're used to
And the clock on the wall has been stuck at three for days, and days
She thinks that happiness is a mat that sits on her doorway
But outside it's stopped raining

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eclipse ~ Pink Floyd

All that you touch
All that you see
All that you taste
All you feel
All that you love
All that you hate
All you distrust
All you save.
All that you give
All that you deal
All that you buy,
Beg, borrow or steal.
All you create
All you destroy
All that you do
All that you say
All that you eat
And everyone you meet
All that you slight
And everyone you fight.
All that is now
All that is gone
All that’s to come
And everything under the sun is in tune
But the sun is eclipsed by the moon